Saturday 1 December 2012

Bear Cake

So third child's first birthday, thought about just doing a plain cake for him, but don't think I could get away with that when he's older and looks back at the photos and sees what I made for his older brothers! I knew that I was going to make a bear cake for him as we call him Hudsey Bear. Originally I was going to do Paddington Bear, so had the cakes baked for that an oblong for the suitcase and two round cakes for the bear. Was still unsure what to do then, two days before his birthday party I came across bakeaboo cakes and she does amazing cakes which included bears!! So inspired me to try and do the same for Hudson.

Luckily the cakes were perfect to use to carve into a bear, enough for the body. I couldn't be bothered and also I think I didn't have enough ingredients to bake more cake, so decided to make cake out of Rice Krispies, which was perfect to get the shape right.

So here is my cake for our one year old.





No comments:

Post a Comment