Monday 12 November 2012

Angry Birds Party

Brodie had an Angry Birds Party for his 6th birthday. We had lots of fun preparing for his party, I asked Iain to make a life sized slingshot a few weeks before which gave him plenty time to practice and tweak it before the party!

Here they are practicing in the back yard. I didn't get many pictures as took many videos instead!

Originally he was going to use my yoga stretch band for the sling! However it was too tricky to hold the ball in place so he went to the local hardware store and purchased some bunjy cord and that was the only purchase he made for the slingshot as everything else we had at home.

We had lots of cardboard boxes and the ones that weren't brown we covered in brown paper. The night before the party Iain did the preparation and decorated the boxes as I was too busy making the cake!

I already painted the angry birds balls beforehand so they were all ready to go! The balls were originally pink!

Here are photos from the party .

Here is the angry birds cake. I couldn't decide on what to do as there was so many ideas and up until the last night I was still looking for inspiration on the Internet!

1 comment: